Benefits of Wearing Arch Supports:
- Arch supports help distribute pressure – Since the arch support is more contorted to your foot, you help eliminate the primary pressure points which are usually on the heel and ball of the foot. Arch supports help evenly distribute that pressure by putting some of that pressure into the arches of your feet versus leaving all the pressure in the heel and ball of the feet.
- Arch supports provide support – Most people feel like arch supports only support the feet. The reality is the feet are the foundation of our entire body. If you are lacking support in the foundation, it can affect your entire body. This is why arch supports are commonly used to help with knee, hip, and back-related alignment issues as well.
- Lessen or prevent pain – This is one of the main reasons why someone chooses to initially wear an arch support as they are the most commonly prescribed non-invasive treatment for most foot ailments. Many foot problems are solved by wearing properly fitted footwear and arch supports. We will get into this in-depth later in the article.
- Arch supports prevent your arches from harm – While most people choose to first wear a support based on an injury, trauma, or inflammation; arch supports can be tremendously beneficial in helping prevent harming the arches of your feet. One of the more commonly occurring issues is falling arches. Another common ailment is plantar fasciitis which can oftentimes be prevented by wearing arch supports. Ultimately, wearing a support properly fitted for your footwear and feet can help you in numerous ways.
- Provide stability and balance – By filling the gaps in your arches, you give a more stable surface area for the feet which in turn, improves your stability and balance. You can see examples of how your balance is improved by sampling adding arch support here.